- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 batch of 30 meatballs (frozen or thawed)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add water to juice if needed to measure 1 cup; pour into a large skillet. Add 1/3 cup water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch; stir until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly. Add the pineapple, meatballs and green pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tangy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs
Sort By :
This is one of my favorite meals to fix. It is easy and has a wonderful flavor.
I thought this was the good recipe I got from TOH years ago. It's not. This should be called Candied Meatballs & listed as a dessert. Absolutely disgusting! A waste of perfectly good food. Much, much too sweet even after tripling the vinegar. Downright nasty.
I used Italian meat balls, not so good but the sauce was amazing. Im going to try it with chicken or pork soon. Soooo yummy!