- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 to 8 taco shells
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- SWEET-AND-SOUR DRESSING:
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the next 12 ingredients to meat mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is almost completely reduced, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly; stir in cheese.
- Place taco shells open end up in a baking pan; place a scoop of meat mixture into each shell. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes until meat is hot and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle lettuce and tomatoes over tacos. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; drizzle over tacos. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tacos Deluxe
Sort By :
"Best Tacos I have had in a long time. The flavor of the meat mixture is similar to the Cincinnati chili I make. I love this on tacos. The dressing is a wonderful compliment to the meat."
"Oh my goodness this is so good. I didn't think i would like the dressing but my husband and I agree, it's fantastic!!"
"Oh my! This taco filling is so tasty that I usually double the recipe. The sweet-and-sour dressing is deliciously different from most taco toppings. I've had friends and family members "go wild" over Tacos Deluxe and demand the recipe."