- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, kidney beans and salsa. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and discard seeds. In a stockpot, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture into each pepper half. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are crisp-tender and filling is heated through. Top each with tomato and cheese. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Taco-Filled Peppers
Sort By :
"Very good! I subsitituded cooked rice for the beans and I cooked in crockpot on low for about 2-1/2 hours and used red, green,and yellow peppers for a nice variety ."
"So easy and tasty. We used veggie meat. I steamed peppers 2 split at a time in mico 1 1/2 mins each. So fast and easy."
"Easy to make and delicious. Pleased the family."
"This is a great recipe. Just enough kick for me but can be cooled down by topping it off with a little sour cream."
"They're great!! I used extra lean ground beef, reduced sodium taco seasoning, homemade salsa, and low fat or fat free sour cream... they're so tasty.. this is a keeper in this house! Thanks!"