- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- PEANUT BUTTER BATTER:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into oil. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/3 cup sugar, egg and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls over cake batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Swirled Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"I baked this cake the same way as jbab, 1/2 the cake part in an 8X8 inch pan, original recipe proportions for the filling. It was great, very easy too! If I bake the cake with the full recipe (for a 13 X9 inch pan) I will double the filling recipe"
"Great cake! I made in an 8x8 pan, cutting the cake ingredients in half and making the filling as stated because I wanted to try it out and there's only 2 of us. Came out great! Will definitely make again using the entire recipe."
"I recall making this recipe before & the results were great!"
"Very good! This is a super simple and moist cake. I love the fact that you don't have to frost it because peanut butter filling is baked in the cake. The only problem I had was that the peanut butter mixture sort-of slid to the middle of the cake and the edge pieces ended up not having much of the filling. I don't know if this can be prevented, but let me know if anyone has a suggestion to correct this problem. When mixing up the peanut butter filling, I just stirred it all together with a rubber spatula in a bowl, no mixer is needed; just be sure to have your cream cheese pretty soft. Overall, very moist and delicious, quick and easy, I will make again."