Swiss Swirl Ice Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 10 to 12 Swiss cake rolls
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 2 pints chocolate ice cream, softened
- Line a 2-qt. bowl with plastic wrap. Cut each cake roll into eight slices; place in prepared bowl, completely covering the bottom and sides. Cover and freeze for at least 20 minutes or until cake is firm.
- Spread vanilla ice cream over cake. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour. Spread with fudge topping. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Spread with chocolate ice cream. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Just before serving, remove from the freezer and invert onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 309 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2017
A beautiful dessert that is WAY easier to make than it appears. It is a beautiful presentation.A few quick changes I made: used coffee and black raspberry ice creams instead of chocolate and vanilla, and used dark fudge sundae sauce instead of hot fudge. Amazing!
Jun 24, 2013
I've been making these for years and they are always a big hit! When I first tried it, it was called a 'beehive', and used strawberry jelly rolls. Quick and easy to put together, yet it looks so impressive. Remember, the more flavors of ice cream you use, the prettier it becomes.
Apr 9, 2013
Question about the recipe it says two months to freeze the cake how long is that actual time period
Jan 14, 2013
My son and daughter have both requested this for their birthday cake 2 years in a row. (Sometimes I cheat and only use one flavor of ice cream. No one seems to mind.)
May 27, 2012
Great taste and I will make again. Mine did not turn out as pretty as the picture though.
Jul 22, 2011
So easy yet impressive! I was commissioned to make another one a week after making the first, and I'm switching up the ice cream flavors for a little variety. This is a terrific fun dessert!
Jul 27, 2009
Very good! I didn't have room in my freezer for a 2-qt bowl, so I used a baking dish instead. It took 24 Swiss cake rolls to cover, but it worked just fine.