Fresh garden vegetables add color and crunch to this attractive salad. Its pleasant vinaigrette-type dressing is sparked with ground mustard and garlic. I like the look of the tricolor spirals, but you can substitute other pasta shapes or use what you have on hand. -Launa Shoemaker, Landrum, South Carolina
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large serving bowl. Stir in the onion, tomato, cucumber, green pepper and parsley; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-Sour Pasta Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p31
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review