Sweet Potato Stuffing Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in broth and seasonings. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Stuffing(2)
Sort By :
We loved this stuffing! This stuffing will be a go to recipe of mine for years! I think that this is a great base stuffing for whatever fun ingredients you enjoy in stuffing. You could add fresh cranberries, sausage, mushroom, oysters, bacon, Brussels sprouts, etc... I added cranberries to the recipe this time. I'm looking forward to playing around with more extras next time. Here's a couple of small adjustments that I made: I changed the 1/2 cup of broth to 1 full cup. And, I substituted Corn Bread cubes for regular bread cubes.
Delicious! Thank you for sharing!
Delish...I added craisins to give it an extra kick'
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >