Mom likes to make sure there will be enough stuffing to satisfy our large family. For our holiday gatherings, she slow-cooks this tasty sweet potato dressing in addition to the traditional stuffing cooked inside the turkey. —Kelly Pollock, London, Ontario
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in broth and seasonings. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Stuffing in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p17
Reviews for Sweet Potato Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review