Sweet Potato Puff Recipe
- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in coconut.
- Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients until well blended; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Puff
Sort By :
"We loved this recipe. Although I used unsweetened coconut, we still found it a bit sweet for our tastes, so will cut back on the white sugar the next time. It can be made a day ahead then bring to room temp and bake. Yum, yum....will make this one again!"
"I boiled sweet potatoes by accident for Thanksgiving and we needed something to use them up and my mom found this recipe and I love it every time she or I make it!"
"I have made this for Thanksgiving for several years. I first came across it in your earllier cookbooks. It is requested yearly. We love the leftovers too."
"My mom made this one Thanksgiving and it was a hit ! A nice change from regular sweet potatoes. It is now a family favorite and a must for Thanksgiving. She left out the coconut ,I leave it in either way it is yummy. Reheats nicely too Give it a try you won't be disappointed"
"I use this recipe all the time! It is awesome! I sometimes exchange the sweet potato for pumpkin or butternut squash."