Sweet Potato Puff Recipe
- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in coconut.
- Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients until well blended; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Puff(6)
Sort By :
We loved this recipe. Although I used unsweetened coconut, we still found it a bit sweet for our tastes, so will cut back on the white sugar the next time. It can be made a day ahead then bring to room temp and bake. Yum, yum....will make this one again!
I boiled sweet potatoes by accident for Thanksgiving and we needed something to use them up and my mom found this recipe and I love it every time she or I make it!
I have made this for Thanksgiving for several years. I first came across it in your earllier cookbooks. It is requested yearly. We love the leftovers too.
My mom made this one Thanksgiving and it was a hit ! A nice change from regular sweet potatoes. It is now a family favorite and a must for Thanksgiving. She left out the coconut ,I leave it in either way it is yummy. Reheats nicely too Give it a try you won't be disappointed
I use this recipe all the time! It is awesome! I sometimes exchange the sweet potato for pumpkin or butternut squash.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >