- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sweet potato and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until potato is almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin and sweet potato; heat through.
- Place a flour tortilla in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; layer with a third of the beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Enchilada Stack
Sort By :
"Super easy and yummy! A nice alternative to our standard recipe. Very mild- but we like it that way. Used a glass 8x8 pan instead of pie plate. It never would have all fit in there."
"This is relatively simple and good. I would have liked it to be a little spicier, but definitely a good weeknight meal."
"Loved it. The sweet potatoes were an excellent touch. I used a regular casserole dish. Very tasty, easy, and cheap."
"Very good. My 9" regular pie dish only fit two layers, not three, so I will use less ground beef next time."
"This was easy and oh so good the only thing I would change I would add more filing can't wait to have it again Thank You"