- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sweet potato and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until potato is almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin and sweet potato; heat through.
- Place a flour tortilla in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; layer with a third of the beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Enchilada Stack
Sort By :
"I would make this again."
"This was REALLY good! I followed the directions except I used less chili powder, (1 tsp.) and I made my own homemade flour tortillas. (I used about 5 or 6 homemade tortillas). Also, I used a tall casserole dish so it would all fit. My husband told me four times during supper just how delicious he thought it was. I loved it too. Thank you for sharing your recipe!"
"Super easy and yummy! A nice alternative to our standard recipe. Very mild- but we like it that way. Used a glass 8x8 pan instead of pie plate. It never would have all fit in there."
"This is relatively simple and good. I would have liked it to be a little spicier, but definitely a good weeknight meal."
"Loved it. The sweet potatoes were an excellent touch. I used a regular casserole dish. Very tasty, easy, and cheap."