Jalapeno & Cotija Cheese Potato Stack Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1-1/4 cups crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with parchment paper. Remove the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and place the round outer edge in the middle of the parchment paper.
- Place the potatoes, butter, salt and pepper in a large bowl; toss to coat. Layer a third of the potatoes evenly within the springform ring. Sprinkle with a third of the jalapenos and a third of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes and jalapenos.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before removing ring. If desired, serve with salsa and sour cream.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 223 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 23, 2019
I've made this recipe five or six times and my family really likes it. It is a beautiful brunch dish and it makes great leftovers. I prep the night before by slicing the potatoes very thinly and submerging them in ice water, soaking Jalapenos in tequila, and crumbling the cojita. Then I have a quick and easy breakfast in the morning. I've also made a kid-friendly variation with crumbled sausage and cheddar.
Feb 7, 2019
I made this last night exactly as directed, though it wasn't bad neither my husband nor I could eat more than a tiny piece of this. The taste of cotija cheese in such a large amount was way to strong for our taste. I might try this again using a milder cheese like maybe cheddar or fontina
Jun 16, 2018
My son pushed me to make this potato pie. It was excellent. I finely diced the jalapenos and seeded them to make sure it wasnt overly spicy.