Sweet Potato Crescents Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Beat in the sweet potatoes, sugar, shortening, egg, salt and 3 cups flour. Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each into 12 wedges. Brush with butter. Roll up from the wide end and place, pointed end down, 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Crescents(22)
Sort By :
My family loves these! I have been making them for years.
Excellent rolls. Light as a feather. I use fresh cooked sweet potatoes. Great any time of the year!
I haven't made this yet, but would like to try it with fresh SP. Does anyone have an approximate measurement of one can, mashed?
Great recipe!!!! my whole family liked it alot!!! I will be making these again!