Your whole house will be filled with the aroma of pumpkin spice when you bake these wonderful sweet potato cheesecake bars. They look complicated but are so easy, you can whip up a batch anytime. —Nancy Whitford, Edwards, New York
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups granola without raisins
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Place the sweet potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, egg and pie spice in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spread over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, vanilla and remaining sugar. Spread over filling. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or just until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p37
Reviews for Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review