Sweet Milk Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the sugar, butter, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 16 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 rolls.
Reviews for Sweet Milk Dinner Rolls(17)
Sort By :
These were a hit at Christmas dinner! As written, the recipe does make some pretty monstrous rolls, so you might consider dividing into at least 20 pieces instead of 16. And the baking time is much longer than was needed! I think mine baked in 20-25 minutes.
I have made these rolls at least three times...they're delicious! (I do shorten the bake time as they are a bit dry when baked for 35 minutes.)
These rolls are addictive! They are so wonderful fresh from the oven, or even zapped in the microwave for a few seconds to warm the next day. The first time I made these, I followed the directions, however, that made for some pretty large rolls. The next couple of times, I made them smaller--even made them into smaller balls to fit inside typical muffin pans. I prefer them in the smaller muffin-pan size. Regardless, these will be eaten FAST! They are very easy to make and very delicious.
Fantastic flavor and so incredibly easy to work with! I didn't even have time to let them raise for the entire time, and they still turned out wonderful! They're a tender roll with just a hint of sweetness. Delicious!
I like this recipe very much. It is easy to make and need few, simple ingredients. Perfect for a dinner!