Sweet and Sour Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and eggs; crumble beef over top and mix well. Add onion and half of tomato sauce. Press into 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. In saucepan, combine the sugars, vinegar, mustard and remaining tomato sauce; bring to boil. Pour over meat loaf; bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"This is very good! I made it exactly as written and the flavor and texture were great. The sauce really makes it. There is enough sauce to put some on the cut pieces as well as on the top. Will definitely make again."
"I made the recipe as given. It was very good and a delightful change from my normal recipe.I loved the sweet and sour taste. I sure will make it again."
"I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, and added diced carrots and celery. It was amazing."
"My husband loves meat loaf even though I'm not that big on it! So I loved finding this meat loaf with a different taste! We have Italian flavored and Mexican flavored and now we have this yummy addition!"
"I am loving it all!!! I will tell you when I try them! Thanks!!"