Sweet and Sour Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and eggs; crumble beef over top and mix well. Add onion and half of tomato sauce. Press into 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. In saucepan, combine the sugars, vinegar, mustard and remaining tomato sauce; bring to boil. Pour over meat loaf; bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Meat Loaf
Sort By :
I made the recipe as given. It was very good and a delightful change from my normal recipe.
I loved the sweet and sour taste. I sure will make it again.
I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, and added diced carrots and celery. It was amazing.
My husband loves meat loaf even though I'm not that big on it! So I loved finding this meat loaf with a different taste! We have Italian flavored and Mexican flavored and now we have this yummy addition!
I am loving it all!!! I will tell you when I try them! Thanks!!
A favorite meatloaf, with sweet and sour flavor - Loved it!