My little ones absolutely love this salad and ask me to make it all the time. Fruit and cheese taste delish together and the kids like to bite into the crunchy sunflower seeds. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Featured In: Favorite Summer Melon Recipes
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- Thinly sliced fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, cantaloupe and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Just before serving, gently stir in raspberries; top with sunflower kernels. If desired, sprinkle with mint. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sunny Strawberry & Cantaloupe Salad in Taste of Home September/October 2013, p2-8
Reviews for Sunny Strawberry & Cantaloupe Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 30, 2014
"Good fruit combinations, but I thought the cheese was a bit odd; it didn't seem to go with the fruits. I'd try a sweeter cheese in the future. I really liked the addition of the sunflower kernels, they give the salad a nice crunch."