Summer Squash Salad Recipe
- 4 cups julienned zucchini
- 4 cups julienned yellow squash
- 2 cups sliced radishes
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and radishes. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Summer Squash Salad
Sort By :
What a colorful, crunchy and healthy salad this is! Like others I found there's way too much oil. I found it's best served the same day; leftovers next day tended to have limp veggies. Still with less oil it's a great summertime salad.
What a fast easy way to use up my summer squash. Took this to a picnic and it was loved by all!
This is a great recipe I've made many times. I just chop the veggies however is easiest, which usually means small chunks--it all tastes the same! :-) I will add one important note--you do NOT need 1 full cup of oil! I use 1/4 cup and it is plenty.
I had to make do without the radishes or zucchini, just young yellow squash, and it was wonderful! I can't wait to try it as written.
Julienne means to cut the veggies into 1/4 inch wide & 2 inch long matchstick sized pieces. I like the way it looks so elegant, although I'm sure this recipe would be delicious no matter how you cut the veggies. I only used 1/4 cup oil, and I added a tsp of sugar to the dressing. Refreshing and delicious!