- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk 4 teaspoons oil, lime juice, salt and pepper sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir corn in remaining oil over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a salad bowl; cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Summer Corn Salad
Sort By :
This is a great cold salad to serve along a grilled meat entree!
Tasty, simple and inexpensive salad to make during the spring/summer when all the seasonal veggies are cheap. Nice side to have on a hot day. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Even more amazing the next day.I used fresh corn on the cob & microwaved them 4 min. a piece & cut off the ends & shook them right out clean.Now you can skip the cooking in olive oil step.
My family loves this salad and every time I make it for a party someone asks for the recipe! Delicious and easy to make!
I used fresh corn and it's a very good summer salad, but next time I will make extra dressing as I found it a little bland.