- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle on a piece of heavy-duty foil; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in water, sage and thyme. Add stuffing; stir until well coated. Spoon over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling.
- Place loaf, seam side down, in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Place bacon strips over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Turkey Roll
"We had this as Thanksgiving dinner this year (we life in Germany, but we celebrate US holidays every year!) and it was AWSESOME! We modified it a bit with a thick german Beer-Gravy and we had glaced carrots and mashed sweet potatos as a side. We used a corn stuffing for the roll.Everyone loved it!"
"Best Ground Turkey loaf recipe I've tried. Mine didn't roll well at all and I ended up having to add extra meat...all in all tasty and easy. Great with a bit of soy sauce on top!"
"My family and I all loved this! Including my picky 2yr old twins! It's a keeper!"