Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Shiitake Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 5 cups coarsely chopped fresh shiitake mushrooms (about 3/4 pound), divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 5 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1-1/4 pound each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a small saucepan, bring water and porcini mushrooms to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand 20-30 minutes or until mushrooms are softened. Using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms; finely chop and set aside. Strain soaking liquid through a fine mesh strainer, reserving 2/3 cup.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon. Remove drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. Saute 4 cups shiitake mushrooms in reserved drippings until tender.
- Add rosemary, sage, porcini mushrooms and 1/3 cup mushroom soaking liquid; cook 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in the bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons parsley and sausage.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Make a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open so meat lies flat. Cover with plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-in. to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- Spoon half of the stuffing down center of each tenderloin. Close roasts; tie several times with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Sprinkle each roast with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 160°. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute remaining shiitake mushrooms in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually add broth and remaining 1/3 cup mushroom soaking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining parsley, salt and pepper. Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Shiitake Mushroom Sauce
Sort By :
I tried this recipe a few months ago for 5 people and it came out wonderful. Now I am going to serve it again to 14 people. Will keep this recipe on file for special occasions.
This is a great recipe! My entire family loved it and went back for seconds.
Using this recipe, I just had the most favorable Pork Tenderloin that I have ever had!
Wonderful flavor!! Added 1/2 tsp Better Than Boullion/chicken to sauce.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >