Strawberry Cream Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- CREAM FILLING:
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Confectioners' sugar
- Additional sliced strawberries
- Mint leaves
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat and beat in eggs, one at a time. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart on a large ungreased baking sheet (make 10). Bake at 400° for about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine berries and 1/4 cup sugar. Chill 30 minutes.
- Beat cream and remaining sugar until stiff. Just before serving, cut tops off puffs. Combine berries and cream mixture. Fill cream puffs and replace tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve with additional berries and mint leaves. Yield: 10 cream puffs.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Puffs
Sort By :
"These turned out great for me although I ended up making twelve puffs instead of ten."
"Thought the puffs had an "eggy" taste. I mad the rye party puffs that is also on this site. They were fantastic, so I thought I'd try sweet ones. The filling was a bit loose and just tasted ok. The baking time in my oven was WAY too long. The first batch was very brown, so I adjusted to the rye party puff suggestion. The rest turned out well. It also doesn't say to cut slits in them like the party puffs. I did that step also."