Stout & Honey Beef Roast Recipe
- 8 small red potatoes
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup stout beer or additional beef broth
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; transfer to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, beer, honey, garlic, marjoram, thyme, salt, pepper and cinnamon; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove roast and cut a portion of the meat into cubes, measuring 2 cups; cover and save for another use. Slice the remaining beef and keep warm. Strain cooking juices, reserving vegetables and 1 cup juices; skim fat from reserved juices.
- Transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings plus leftovers.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stout & Honey Beef Roast(6)
Sort By :
I wasn't inspired by this dish. We felt it lacked in flavor... sorry. I really wanted to like this recipe.
I also add celery to the potatoes, carrots and onion. We love this meal.
I have made this many times. I do not use stout but extra beef broth. It is excellent and very flavorful.
Although salt needs to be added to this recipe, it was an easy to fix and easy to clean up meal. After a long day at work, coming home to the aroma of honey and roasted beef was better than the welcome mat. My kids loved it too!
very little flavor, a big disappointment
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >
- Roast Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >