Stout & Honey Beef Roast Recipe
- 8 small red potatoes
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup stout beer or additional beef broth
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; transfer to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, beer, honey, garlic, marjoram, thyme, salt, pepper and cinnamon; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove roast and cut a portion of the meat into cubes, measuring 2 cups; cover and save for another use. Slice the remaining beef and keep warm. Strain cooking juices, reserving vegetables and 1 cup juices; skim fat from reserved juices.
- Transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings plus leftovers.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stout & Honey Beef Roast(8)
Sort By :
It cooked well, but the sauce was way too sweet and not very interesting.
how would i adjust the honey... I tasted it this morning and it seems to be very much on the sweeter side (I had it cooking on a very low setting in my crockpot all night)
I wasn't inspired by this dish. We felt it lacked in flavor... sorry. I really wanted to like this recipe.
I also add celery to the potatoes, carrots and onion. We love this meal.
I have made this many times. I do not use stout but extra beef broth. It is excellent and very flavorful.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >
- Roast Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >