- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add butter, sugar, milk powder, salt and 2 cups flour; beat on low 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Roll dough into a 16x10-in. rectangle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll up from a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; cook over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place slices cut side down over sauce. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 3 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sticky Buns
Sort By :
"Just...not good. The dough was too sticky to work with. I had to knead in another cup of flour just to get it so I could shape it. There also wasn't even close to enough topping. It all soaked into the top of the buns. And the rolls themselves were tasteless."
"These were wonderful and very easy when using my bread machine. Next time will add more cinnamon/sugar before rolling. Will definitely make again. Went well with Amish Breakfast Casserole recipe."
"The dough was wonderful to work with after removing from my bread machine but after it was all done I would liked to of seen more topping. I would maybe double that next time."
"Very good! I just got a new oven with a proofer setting, Had to try it out. So I made this from scratch. I gave some to my grandson and he said "Yummy in my tummy" I think that said it all. He`s 2 1/2 years old."
"I used the dough setting on bread machine and the dough was super sticky and runny. And when I tried to roll it out, it had a LOT of air bubble. Any idea on what went wrong?"