- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Add corn and peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stephanie’s Slow Cooker Stew
Sort By :
"Very good. My husband loved it, and I had all the ingredients on hand. I will make again."
"My family loved it-will definitely make it again!"
"This was very good. Be sure to give it time to cool down before eating!"
"This was a very tasty stew. I did leave out the celery. Will make again."
"I make a very similar recipe, except substitute about 2 or 3 TBSP, Minute Tapioca for the cornstarch and add it at the same time as everything else."