Stacked Enchilada Recipe
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, saute pepper in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer or until pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, beans and onions; heat through. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine enchilada and picante sauces. Coat both sides of one tortilla with sauce mixture; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Top with a third of the chicken mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining tortilla, sauce and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Remove to a serving plate and cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Stacked Enchilada
Sort By :
Very good!! Easy recipe to make with ingredients I had on hand. Would definitely make again.
Very good! I added a can of shoepeg corn and would definitely make it again.
Dry and nothing special. Would rather make enchiladas.
Very good! Quick & easy.
Made this last night for when my son and his girlfriend came over for dinner. It was a hit with everyone. Great flavor. I left it in the pie pan to serve and used a pizza cutter to cut into wedges to serve.