Chock-full of garden freshness, this colorful toss makes an excellent side dish or meatless entree. "Sometime I substitute penne pasta and add cooked chicken for a heartier main meal," says Rosemary Averkamp of Genoa, Wisconsin. "Using garlic-flavored feta cheese is a great touch."
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the tomatoes, spinach and onions in oil until tomatoes are softened. Sprinkle with salt and garlic salt. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese; until heated through.
- Drain linguine; transfer to a serving bowl. Add tomato mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Tomato Linguine in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p60
Reviews for Spinach Tomato Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review