This is a terrific recipe, nice and light. It cooks up quickly, too, which is always a big bonus. A sizzling blend of Southwest tastes with a bright splash of lemon, this one’s a crowd pleaser! —Cori Cooper, Boise, Idaho
Featured In: 24 Game-Changing Grilling Recipes For Two
- TOMATO RELISH:
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- CHICKEN PITAS:
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- Combine the relish ingredients; chill until serving.
- Combine the cumin, paprika, oregano, coriander, pepper flakes and salt; rub over both sides of chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Slice chicken. Fill each pita half with chicken and tomato relish. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Tomato Pitas for Two in Healthy Cooking
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Tomato Pitas for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review