Special Slow-Cooked Beef Recipe
THIS hearty entrée is easy to prepare for Sunday dinner. While the beef is slow cooking, the cook has lots of time to attend to the other details. With mashed potatoes on the side, it’s comfort food for the cool months ahead.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup fresh pearl onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil in batches; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and garlic; top with olives and tomatoes. Add broth and onions. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove beef and onions to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan; skim fat.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over beef mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Special Slow-Cooked Beef in Reminisce December/January 2008, p48
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Special Slow-Cooked Beef(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review