Special Slow-Cooked Beef Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup fresh pearl onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil in batches; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and garlic; top with olives and tomatoes. Add broth and onions. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove beef and onions to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan; skim fat.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over beef mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Special Slow-Cooked Beef in Reminisce December/January 2008, p48
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Special Slow-Cooked Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2013
Has been some time since making, plan to again soon.