- 6 pork shoulder or sirloin steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups tomato juice
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown steaks. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Top with mushrooms, olives, green pepper, onion and garlic.
- Combine the flour, sugar and remaining salt; gradually stir in tomato juice until smooth. Pour over vegetables Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Spanish Pork Steaks
Sort By :
This recipe is DELICIOUS!! Followed the recipe (with exception of olives -omitted those). The pork steaks came out so tender. It even pleased my very picky children! This is a family favorite!