My family loves this salad as either a main meal or a side dish. We especially enjoy making it during the hot summer months, using fresh ingredients right out of our garden. It looks terrific with all the different colors!
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced, optional
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- In a large saucepan, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile in a large salad bowl, add the cheese, pepperoni, ham, green pepper, tomato, onion, cucumber and olives. Add avocado if desired.
- Rinse pasta with cold water; drain well. Place on top of salad ingredients. Drizzle with salad dressing: toss lightly to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Salad in Country Extra July 1994, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spaghetti Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review