Southwestern Spaghetti Recipe
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 6 small zucchini (about 1 pound), cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove beef and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine the water, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, salt if desired and cumin; bring to a boil. Stir in spaghetti; return to a boil.
- Boil for 6 minutes.
- Add the zucchini. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until spaghetti and zucchini are tender, stirring several times. Stir in beef; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Spaghetti
Sort By :
I followed the recipe exactly and it was quite good. I will definitely make it again. So glad I found another way to make spaghetti (my husband's favorite).
Nobody liked this. I am giving it a three-star instead of a two-star because I did have to substitute tomato paste & water for the tomato sauce. That may have changed the taste somewhat.
I did like this very much I liked having the zucchini for something different, but it is a little bland to me. It needs a bit more flavor. Next time I will add some more seasonings, but besides that it was good.