- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup medium salsa
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper blend. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine pineapple and salsa. Bring to a boil. Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Southwestern Pineapple Pork Chops
"I am allergic to pineapple, can I use mango instead? Otherwise this sounds wonderful!"
"Fast, easy, and delicious. Great weeknight meal."
"I was surprised at how well we liked this. My picky 8 year old loved it! I served this with fried potatoes, refried beans and flour tortillas that we had leftover from taco night."
"So simple and very tasty. I served it with jasmine rice. I also used pineapple tidbits instead of the crushed. I don't think I would have liked that texture."
"Unbelievably simple and delicious quick dish to prepare. The family absolutely loved the presentation and flavor of the shallots."