This appealing sandwich from Billie Moss of El Sobrante, California is easy to assemble. "My husband and I love these on Sunday after church," she says.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salted sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. On two slices, layer with cheese, zucchini, tomato, carrot and sunflower kernels. Top with remaining bread, mayonnaise side down. Spread butter over the outside of bread.
- In a large skillet, cook over medium heat until bread is lightly toasted and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sourdough Veggie Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p8
Reviews for Sourdough Veggie Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review