- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add butter. In a large bowl, mix 3 cups cheese, evaporated milk, condensed soup, 2% milk and eggs. Pour over macaroni mixture; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook, covered, on low 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Mac 'n' Cheese
"My family was soooooo impressed, because I'm normally a box Macaroni mom, and I hit a home run with this recipe! Made me the rockstar of Easter Dinner for sure!"
"This recipe required a lot of cheese, but did not taste very cheesy at all. The flavor was weak, and the cheese didn't melt completely; it ended up with a crumbly, stringy texture, instead of being smooth and melty like Mac N cheese should be. I followed the recipe exactly, except I used non-fat milk instead of 2%. I won't be using this one again."
"I have been making this recipe for years. My husband and I both love it. We use really sharp cheddar cheese. I find that cooking it in the slow cooker for 4 hours is too long as the edges get dry. 3 hours works best for us - I have a 5 quart slow cooker. Scrumptious!"
"Delicious recipe! With mine I check on it every 30 to 40 minutes stirring it just to make sure it wouldn't stick and burn. It came out perfect, even topped mine with crushed cheese its. My husband and kids loved it!"
"So delicious! I added bacon bits (homemade) at the end and was divine !!! I think the secret is not opening the top of the crockpot much and only stirring once or twice while cooking bc mine started to crumble some. Also, I didn't use the cheddar cheese soup simply bc I don't like the taste ...I used Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese and some garlic powder. It was a hit !"