- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 to 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chili(5)
Sort By :
This is a really great chili recipe! It turns out really thick...almost too thick for our tastes! I added one of the 6oz cans of spicy V8 juice and that adds just the right amount of juice! My husband and I love this recipe!!
Very good for how easy it is to make! The only adjustment I made was adding bacon. I also used a premium pizza sauce (about $5.00 for the jar) and a mix of the kidney beans (white, light red and dark red). Very tasty. This is a very hearty chili, not very soupy, which is what I prefer. The only thing I added to the bowl was shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Was perfect!
This was fabulous! Everyone ate it, and we loved it with cheese!
My family loves this recipe! I use ground turkey instead. I don't like kidney beans so I use 2 cans of pinto beans(rinsed and drained) and a large(32 ounces) can of "chili mix" beans to change it up.
had this, very good
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Chili Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Potluck Chili Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >