- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 to 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chili
Sort By :
"I made this recipe using veggie protein crumbles instead of the two pounds of ground beef and a package of chili seasoning mix instead of the spices. Otherwise, I made it as directed. This was a good recipe, easy to make and everyone liked it. I will be making it again."
"Easy to make, great texture, will but something in it to give it a little "kick" next time"
"A good chili recipe! I'd read that some thought it was too thick, so I added a little water (I like my chili kind of soupy). I also have a another chili recipe I like that has corn in it, so to cut the acid from the tomatoes and sweeten it just a little, I added a 15 oz. can of cream style corn. It was soupy all right, (but not too much) and we loved it! Another change I made was that since I didn't have four cans of dark red kidney beans on hand, I raided the cupboard and pantry and substituted what I found, which was a can of light red kidney beans, a can of pintos, and two cans of hot chili beans. I think I prefer the variety of beans!"
"This recipe is easy to split in half. I also recommend making the full batch and freezing some chili for later."
"This is a really great chili recipe! It turns out really thick...almost too thick for our tastes! I added one of the 6oz cans of spicy V8 juice and that adds just the right amount of juice! My husband and I love this recipe!!"