- 4 cups reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the V8, tapioca, sugar and pepper; let stand for 15 minutes. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, carrots, celery and onion. Top with beef. Add V8 mixture. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until beef is tender. Serve over noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Stew
Sort By :
Yum! We served as a soup without noodles and it was delicious. We had no baby carrots on hand and instead chopped up 2 regular carrots. Definitely worth making!
It should let me change it!
My rating is supposed to say 5 stars! Your rating system needs help! The stars change too easily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I enjoyed this alot! I used 3-1/2 cups regular V-8 and 1/2 cup red wine. I added minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, Emeril's Essence, salt, a bay leaf, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and a dash of Tabasco.
I didn't have the green beans, so added some frozen peas and fresh minced parsley near the end of cooking time to give it something green. It was a bit soupy so I added another teaspoon of tapioca. I used Country Pasta homeade egg noodles. It made alot and we enjoyed every bit of the leftovers. I stirred the noodles into the stew for the leftovers and it sat in the fridge a day before we ate the leftovers and wow they were delicious! Thanks! I will make this again this winter for sure!