Slow-Cooked Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- Cut beef into 3-in. x 1-in. strips. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the onion, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, salt, ginger and pepper; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Add tomatoes and green pepper; cook on low 1 hour longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 20-30 minutes until thickened. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pepper Steak(32)
Sort By :
I did not care for the taste. I have made other recipes for this same thing and they are much better. This also needs more liquid.
Made this pepper steak and it was wonderful! Followed the recipe exactly except I used stew meat instead of round steak. It worked perfectly and might a less expensive option. Served this over basmati rice. My husband said this recipe is definitely a keeper. It tasted somewhat like swiss steak. Great recipe!
Been looking for recipes instead of grilling all the time while in Florida for the winter (to hot to use oven). This is so easy to put together....delicious in everyway....a keeper.
I have gotten lazy in the last few years and now cook only what is quick and easy.I love slow cookers and this looks quite easy so will give it a try.
This recipe was very easy to put together. My family really liked it and next time I may try chicken instead of beef. I did serve it with extra soy sauce for more flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >