Slow-Cooked Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the next nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Garnish individual servings with cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chili(6)
Sort By :
I've been making this chili for years and it's the best chili recipe I've tried! My family loves it!
I made this recipe as written and it was really good. Next time I will add another can of beans because it is very meaty. I will probably also add another can of tomato sauce because it was very thick. Overall it was great! Really easy to throw together in the morning and when I got home it was piping hot and ready to eat.
With a 4.5 star rating, I expected a decent chili. It doesn't taste bad, and it smells WONDERFUL while it's cooking... but it is so bland we couldn't eat it. We didn't want heat, we just wanted flavor. We wanted CHILI. I made it for the Superbowl since it made a large quantity, the whole gang agreed it has no flavor. I ended up salvaging it with more salt, cumin and two envelopes of chili seasoning. I will have to keep looking for a crockpot chili recipe that measures up to our expectations.
I finally have my recipe for chili and my family loves it.. This recipe is the best i have found..
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Chili Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chili >