- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Mac & Cheese
Sort By :
"This is a good recipe for quick Mac & cheese."
"Have made this several times and it is always a hit. I usually double the recipe. After I finish preparing it in the skillet I will put the Mac n cheese in a casserole dish sprinkled with some shredded cheddar cheese. Bake it at 350degrees for about 15 minutes. I do this for presentation purposes."
"Mac and Cheese is the perfect comfort food. I watch calories, but every now and then you need to splurge and throw caution to the wind. This recipe is creamy, the way it should be. It is a 4 star recipe as is. Sharp cheddar is a much better cheese to use instead of processed cheese, and gives it a richer flavor. For the mac and cheese loving adults in my family, I use 1/2 pound of sharp cheddar and 1/4 pound of smoked Gouda cheese. I also add 1/2 tsp of dry mustard. That gives it the kick it needs. For those complaining of the floury taste, you need to add the flour to the butter and cook in the skillet, stirring continuously, for 1-2 minutes before adding the half-and-half. This will get rid of the floury taste."
"Perfect! We grilled up some burgers with it and it was an easy weeknight meal."
"LOVED IT!!!! This is just the recipe we were looking for!! Will fix over and over!!! Thank you for the great recipe!!!"