- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Mac & Cheese
Sort By :
Excellent!! I didn't have enough Velveeta so I substituted Laughing Cow White Cheddar wedges and some shredded cheddar and mozzarella. I also used Fat Free half&half. Amazing!!
My girls absolutely loved it. Done with boxed mac and cheese.
My boys love this!
Although its simple and the kids love it,still uses processed cheese.
Nice and easy, great recipe. My whole family liked it.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >