Sirloin Steak with Rich Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and stir flour for 4-5 minutes or until light tan in color. Immediately transfer to a small bowl; whisk in broth until smooth. Set aside.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Add the garlic, rosemary and salt; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the sherry. Stir flour mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in butter until melted. Serve with steak. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sirloin Steak with Rich Mushroom Gravy in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p57
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sirloin Steak with Rich Mushroom Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >