- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Rub roast with pepper and garlic; cut in half and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove roast and keep warm. Strain cooking juices into a small saucepan; skim fat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sirloin Roast with Gravy
Sort By :
"Very good roast. I followed the recipe exactly. Everyone enjoyed it."
"I chose this recipe because of the high ratings but was hesitatnt about how it would taste with balsamic, soy sauce, etc. My family really liked the flavor and I had plenty of gravy, which was great. I did make it in the slow cooker, and I used a nice sirloin roast, but it was over cooked. I agree with the others. I think I will try 4-4.5 hours next time."
"I followed the recipe as written and it turned out great!"
"People stating this is dry/overcooked when doing it in the oven - it's a SLOW COOKER recipe! This is great in a slow cooker. Pretty classic. I added carrots, onions, extra water (I like things saucey) and a bit of oregano. Very good in the slow cooker as instructed."
"Good flavor but dry, cooked in oven @350 for 3 hours. Will cook less next time"