- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Rub roast with pepper and garlic; cut in half and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove roast and keep warm. Strain cooking juices into a small saucepan; skim fat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sirloin Roast with Gravy
Sort By :
People stating this is dry/overcooked when doing it in the oven - it's a SLOW COOKER recipe! This is great in a slow cooker. Pretty classic. I added carrots, onions, extra water (I like things saucey) and a bit of oregano. Very good in the slow cooker as instructed.
Good flavor but dry, cooked in oven @350 for 3 hours. Will cook less next time
This roast was so tasty - just the kind of recipe I'd been looking for! I did it in the oven at 350C, tightly covered, for 3 hours. Definitely wouldn't cook it longer. I didn't have much juices left over, only 3/4 cup so added extra water and a bit of Bisto to make gravy. Very very yummy, will make again!
Wonderful roast & gravy! I've made it again and again and again! Cook time depends on size of roast!
The gravy in this recipe is unique and very tasty.... I used a chuck roast and doubled the gravy... My gravy ended up being very thick... I may reduce the cornstarch and water mixture a little next time. I guess it depends on how much cooking juices you end up with.