“This is definitely a meal on its own. It smells so good while cooking. The men are always glad to walk in the door after work and see this on the stove.” —Joan Oakland, Troy, Montana
- 5 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces uncooked linguine, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, zucchini, green pepper, bouillon, basil, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in linguine. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until linguine is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Italian Sausage Soup in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p76
Reviews for Simple Italian Sausage Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review