Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 qt.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed acorn squash
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place butter in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until melted. Add squash, carrot and leek; stir to coat. Cook, covered, on high for 6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until vegetables and macaroni are tender, stirring twice. Remove bay leaf.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 92 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nov 2, 2017
This soup is very easy to make. My husband and I love it. Perfect for cold days. Glad I found it, thanks!!!!
Feb 27, 2015
The leek was too overwhelming in the soup.
Dec 30, 2014
I think it would be better with chicken in it, but was overall good.
Mar 17, 2014
Very good taste, easy and fun to make. Not a keeper, but a great recipe anyway.
Mar 5, 2014
We very much enjoyed this soup. I did roast all the veggies before adding them to the soup and cooked the soup on the stovetop.
Nov 29, 2013
I enjoyed this, thought I made it on the stove instead of the microwave. I didn't add any squash in and enjoyed it anyway.
Nov 16, 2013
This is a very good soup that the whole family loved. The squash really set the soup off. Will be making this again.
Dec 23, 2009
This is a soft, gentle soup that warms thoroughly, and my family absolutely loves it. We will be making it for cold days as often as we can.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.