Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 qt.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed acorn squash
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place butter in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until melted. Add squash, carrot and leek; stir to coat. Cook, covered, on high for 6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until vegetables and macaroni are tender, stirring twice. Remove bay leaf.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 92 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nov 2, 2017
This soup is very easy to make. My husband and I love it. Perfect for cold days. Glad I found it, thanks!!!!
Feb 27, 2015
The leek was too overwhelming in the soup.
Dec 30, 2014
I think it would be better with chicken in it, but was overall good.
Mar 17, 2014
Very good taste, easy and fun to make. Not a keeper, but a great recipe anyway.
Mar 5, 2014
We very much enjoyed this soup. I did roast all the veggies before adding them to the soup and cooked the soup on the stovetop.
Nov 29, 2013
I enjoyed this, thought I made it on the stove instead of the microwave. I didn't add any squash in and enjoyed it anyway.
Nov 16, 2013
This is a very good soup that the whole family loved. The squash really set the soup off. Will be making this again.
Dec 23, 2009
This is a soft, gentle soup that warms thoroughly, and my family absolutely loves it. We will be making it for cold days as often as we can.