- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1 cup cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined and chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Additional oil for deep-fat frying
- For sweet-sour sauce, combine the cornstarch, sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup and soy sauce in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the shrimp, bean sprouts, cabbage, onion and carrot in oil until crisp-tender; cool slightly. Stir in pepper and salt. Position egg roll wrappers with a long edge facing you. Spoon 1/4 cup of shrimp mixture on the bottom third of each wrapper. Fold bottom over filling; fold sides over filling toward center. Moisten top edge with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- In a deep saucepan, electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown, turning often. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-sour sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Shrimp Egg Rolls
Sort By :
"This is an excellent recipe, we loved them."
"Bland bland bland. There are no spices in the egg rolls at all. If it weren't for the hot mustard and sweet & sour sauce I would have had to have thrown them all out."