- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the onion, milk, soups, corn, Creole seasoning and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Stir in shrimp and cream cheese. Cook 30 minutes longer or until shrimp are heated through and cheese is melted. Stir to blend. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Shrimp Chowder
"I agree with all the other reviewers, this is an AMAZING soup. I had cooked, tail-on shrimp in the freezer that I wanted to use up so I cut off the tails and chopped up the shrimp, but I didn't have two pounds worth so I added 2 cans of crab meat instead. AWESOME! I intend to make it that way all the time!"
"This is wonderful !!!! I took others advise and diced a large potato , boiled it while the onions were cooking . I added a little more creole seasoning as we like thing very spicy . I also used 1 cream of shrimp and 1 cream of potato soup . I can not brag on this enough !!!! Can't wait for another potluck dinner at our club , I will have to double or triple the recipe !!!!"
"This was so yummy! I just added more potato because we love potatoes. I will definitely keep and use this recipe. Huge hit with family."
"I have made this soup twice in the last month - my husband likes it so much he requested it again this week. I think I'll try the suggestion of adding some potatoes next time. Liked the addition of the recipe for the Creole seasoning also so I didn't have to buy something I wouldn't use all that often."
"This soup was fantastic. A hit with my whole family with leftovers that were frozen in easy grab single servings. Thank you for sharing."
"Simple to make.warm to enjoy. Clean up simple. EXCELLENT"
"This was so easy and delicious! According to the nutritional information it has only 5 weight watcher points per serving....shocking because it tasted so rich! I will definitely make this again."
"Delicious and easy, and everyone very much enjoyed. Classy enough to serve for a fancy shindig, but simple to make for a family night dinner. Loved that you included the side recipe for the Creole seasoning. Thanks!"
"Really good and so easy to make!!"