- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the onion, milk, soups, corn, Creole seasoning and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Stir in shrimp and cream cheese. Cook 30 minutes longer or until shrimp are heated through and cheese is melted. Stir to blend. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Shrimp Chowder
Sort By :
Fantastic! I made half the portion and threw it into the crock pot all at once put it on high for an hour and half and the family loved it. They ate the whole batch.
I have made this recipe for football playoff games and superbowl. I have always received compliments on this dish. I do use a can of shrimp soup instead of chicken and also add crab meat. This is a easy and delicious dish for those cold football days.
I have made this recipe several times for football playoff games and superbowl. I always receive compliments. I used one can of cream of shrimp soup instead of cream of chicken and also added some crab meat. This is such an easy receipe and perfect for those cold football days.