"I received this recipe from a friend," explains Heather Richardson. "It can even be served as a light dinner with toasted garlic bread." The St. Paul, Virginia reader serves the low-fat salad on a bed of fresh greens.
- 8 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the mayonnaise, cheese, buttermilk, onion, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Drain the pasta and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, shrimp, peas, pimientos, tomato and onions. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp 'n' Shells Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp 'n' Shells Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review