- 8 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the mayonnaise, cheese, buttermilk, onion, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Drain the pasta and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, shrimp, peas, pimientos, tomato and onions. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp 'n' Shells Salad
Sort By :
I had cut this out years ago and finally tried it last month. It is fantastic! Will be making it again soon.
I have made this recipe for about two years now...IT IS TO DIE FOR!!! Glad I am finally able to rate it! My guests always want me to share this recipe...and those who come often ASK me to make it again!!! I have friends who visit yearly from Canada who ask me make a double batch so we can enjoy the leftovers for a couple of days...I have not changed anything in the directions or ingredients!!! Inese, in WIlliamsburg,VA