- 3/4 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups refrigerated red potato wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium apple, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute sausage in butter for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the potatoes, onion and apple; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until apple is tender and potatoes are golden brown. Stir in the vinegar, sugar and caraway seeds.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage Skillet Dinner(13)
Sort By :
Was a huge hit with my husband and son. Easy and reminded us of a old fashioned German meal. Wonderful. I started the process on the stovetop and finished it in the oven til all the vegetables and fruit were tender.
I was surprised at how good this was! I used a full pound of smoked sausage & used fresh russet potatoes. Next time I will steam the potatoes before adding them to the skillet as it seemed to take forever for them to cook. Otherwise, this is a quick & easy recipe.
So easy and so flavorful!! I add thinly sliced carrots. This is even tasty without using caraway seeds, I have made it both ways and equally good.
This recipe was delicious! I left out the caraway seeds because I don't like them. Plus I made my own potatoe wedges using fresh potatoes. This is an easy recipe to make. I will definitely make it again.
I did not have the caraway seeds, but the meal was still good. It is a tasty mix of ingredients; a tad greasy, but still good.