- 1 pound fully cooked turkey kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a Dutch oven, cook the kielbasa, carrots, celery, onion and garlic in oil until vegetables are almost tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the water, potatoes, broth, lentils, salt, cumin and cayenne; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and chilies; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sausage Lentil Stew
Sort By :
"So delicious. The cumin gives it a lovely warmth."
"A delightful, flavorful rich blend of tastes and textures! Perfect for a cold winter evening!"
"Such a hearty soup..it will be my go to recipe for the cooler months ahead."
"Mild, pleasing flavor... the green chilis add the right touch."