- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, unroll pizza crust; pat into a 15x11-in. rectangle. Cut into four rectangles. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over half of each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges.
- Drain sausage. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat. Stir in ricotta cheese, salt and pepper; spread over mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage & Spinach Calzones
Sort By :
"very tasty and easy"
"I made this recipe for a family dinner and everyone loved it. My husband usually does not care for rocotta but loved it in this. My father who is a super picky eater had seconds, then left overs the next day. I used chicken sausage instead of pork and it was yummy. I doubled the recipe."
"yes you can freeze just make sure thay arecooled, they are wonderfull for left overs.db"
"Very good!!! Bake in a pan that has sides as it may leak juices."
"Very easy! I used turkey sausage, fat free ricotta, and added some garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano and my results were outstanding!"