Saucy Chicken and Asparagus Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, halved
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- If desired, partially cook asparagus; drain. Place the asparagus in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken over asparagus.
- In a bowl, mix soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Saucy Chicken and Asparagus
Sort By :
"I have used this dish when I was feeling exceptionally tired from working all day or I had after-work commitments that narrowed my time window for cooking. If you like both chicken and asparagus, you're almost guaranteed to like this recipe! Folks who prefer uncomplicated, basic flavors will appreciate the dish as is. I have found that over time (this recipe was submitted over 10 years ago!), I have needed to make the seasonings more contemporary to maintain my interest; therefore, I add about 1 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle powder as well as 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning to the sauce mix. I also add the chicken drippings from the fry pan. If you don't happen to have the cheese, it's perfectly acceptable."
"I love it! What a quick, easy, delicious dish. It's a great change up to the usual chicken dinner. I plan on adding to the menu often."
"I made this last night and I took one bite of it and threw it all away! my husband loves everything I cook but even he refused to eat it."
"My husband really liked it and always ask's me to make it which is nice because he is a great cook and always has a twist as to what he would have done different but not this one."
"This was my very first recipe that I made from Taste Of Home over 20 yrs ago and has become one of my families old time favorites."